This blog post covers the top new features added to the Wonderware InTouch Machine Edition 2014 P03 (Service Pack 3 + Patch 3) that has been posted on WDN this week.
Designed to run on Windows Embedded operating systems, InTouch Machine Edition is build to be a perfect replacement for proprietary panel HMI. Full-featured HMI software allows machine builders, OEMs, and end users to design and manage HMI applications efficiently.
File Location: https://wdnresource.wonderware.com/support/downloads/1/WW-ITME71SP3P03.iso (note: you will need your WDN username & password)
- Implemented Tag Integration interface for the Automation Direct DoMore PLC Family. (note benefits below)
- CODeSYS Tag Integration: added ARTI3 support (see note below)
- Modified the Protection Manager to allow you to select a MAC address when you change your softkey license. This is necessary because the license's site code is based on the computer's MAC address, and the computer may have more than one MAC address if it is connected to a VPN or otherwise using a virtual NIC at the time that you change your license.
- Enhanced the Mobile Access solution to support the Security System Auto LogOff feature
- Added support for General alarm fields for the TagsDBSetAlarm and TagsDBGetAlarm functions
- Implemented capability to customize the Viewer icon on the Task Bar.
- Created a new built-in function, GetLastESignUser(), that returns the name of the user authenticated to execute a screen Command (animation) with E-signature
Tag Integration benefits:
- Improves efficiency when designing and maintaining applications.
- Evolving list of data sources supported, including:
- TwinCAT (Beckhoff)
- CODESYS (3S)
- RSLogix 5000 Family (Rockwell)
- Allen-Bradley PLC5, SLC500 (Rockwell)
- AutomationDirect Koyo (AD)
- AutomationDirect PAC 3000 (AD)
- Schneider Unity Modbus (Schneider-Electric)
ARTI3 (V3 only): The ARTI3 interface provides analogue to the ARTI interface a direct connection
without having a Gateway between the PLCHandler and the PLC. For this the PLCHandler
includes some V3 communications components (CmpChannelClient, CmpChannelMgr,
CmpRouter, some block drivers, etc.) to talk directly to the runtime system. Depending on the
system architecture, there is sometimes a special configuration for these components necessary.
Therefore this interface should only be used in the very rare case, in which the Gateway3 interface
can not be used. Such situations are:
- local connection to a PLC, if there is no Gateway on the system or part of the PLC
- no gateway in the PLC network available
For more information please take a login WDN and see the Readme file: https://wdnresource.wonderware.com/support/downloads/1/ReleaseNotes_ITME71.3.3/ReleaseNotes.xmlhttps://wdnresource.wonderware.com/support/downloads/1/ReleaseNotes_ITME71.3.3/ReleaseNotes.xml