A guest blog post by Dr. Ravi Gopinath.
Industrial operations today are faced with many challenges. Aging and new workforces, new regulatory requirements and the pace of change in a flat world economy that requires a flexible way to meet business challenges. The advent of software for the purpose of industrial automation, information, asset and operations management is the key to meeting the needs of the modern enterprise. This is the first in a series of blogs where I will explore some of the history behind this and speak about why it is important for industrial operations to continue to make healthy investments in their software technology to remain competitive in the marketplace.
- The future of industrial software
- The value of software in industrial operations
- Top 4 Reasons To Consider Mobility In Manufacturing - Blog
- Mobility: A solution that stretches beyond the ordinary HMI ...
- Trends in Packaging Automation...
- Infographic: Gartner's Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends
- New 2014 Manufacturing Trends
About Dr. Ravi Gopinath
Ravi Gopinath, Ph.D., is president, Software Business Unit of Schneider Electric Global Solutions, responsible for R&D; project management; regional sales; services, support and partnerships, including the company’s Ecosystem of Partners; and all functional support. He has more than 15 years of global engineering solutions and services experience, beginning his professional career with Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) in India in 1994. Gopinath received his Ph.D. in advanced process control from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.