We’ve been hard at work the last several months to address four key areas of the Wonderware Supervisory HMI/SCADA you told us to focus on: Higher engineering efficiency and usability, Improved alarm management, Increased operator awareness, Reduced cost of implementation. The latest version—available today—is packed with new, truly inventive features that will make it easier to do your work from anywhere, help you do it faster and more efficient and significantly improve both the business value and the safety of the industrial systems.
Read on for the highlights list of what’s new in Wonderware InTouch R2, and click through to the product blogs.
Key benefits of the InTouch 2014 R2 most recent release:
- Simple to follow Best Practices in HMI Design and new out-of-the-box content to ensure you get the greatest gains with less effort
- Extensive Design Tools to deliver Situational Awareness to operations teams and management significantly improve both the business value and the safety of the industrial systems
- Advanced design workflows to create, maintain, and enforce system-wide Standards ensuring greater consistency of operations, shorter learning curves, and lower training costs
- Simplified Design Workflow and Graphic Library to enable design and maintenance engineers to more easily utilize the most advanced design capabilities with less training
- Internationally localized Development environment to enable non-English speaking engineers to design and develop HMI applications in their native language
- Improved Alarm management minimizes nuisance alarms while enhancing operator focus on critical alarms
- Improved Engineering Workflows for connectivity to all major brand controllers drastically reduces engineering time, pre-validates and improves connectivity accuracy, and minimizes the need for troubleshooting
- Superior upgrading experience of primary and failover environments allows existing customers to upgrade easily and quickly with minimum interruption
- Simple conversion of older HMI application Windows to advanced Graphics make upgrading existing applications and staying with the latest technology a snap
- Improved diagnostics and management capabilities accelerate troubleshooting and minimize maintenance effort
- Continuation of Wonderware’s unrivaled uninterrupted migration path from legacy applications to the most recent version and technologies
Key capabilities of the latest InTouch 2014 R2 release:
- Automatic port management of ArchestrA Services
- Automatic configuration of Microsoft SQL Server default settings for Galaxies
- New option for separate installation of Historian and Historian Client software
- New History Summary data type simplifies presenting historical summary data in graphic animations and data displays
- Conversion of InTouch Windows to ArchestrA Graphics
- Conversion of legacy InTouch application to Modern application
- Instantaneous InTouch ViewApp Change Propagation
- Auto-Complete improvements in naming and scripting
- New Symbol Connectors and Connection Points
- Localized ArchestrA Graphics Editor
- Three New Sets of Situational Awareness Symbols
- New ‘Modern’ InTouch application with ArchestrA Graphics, Zero IDE
- Graphic Toolbox fully integrated into WindowMaker
- Advanced Numeric Formatting
- New GetCPQuality Script Function
- Enhanced ShowGraphic and HideGraphic Script Functions
Where can I get more information?
For questions, please contact Gary Nelson, email@example.com and Lucian Fogoros, firstname.lastname@example.org .